Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease in 2019 (COVID-19). This course will tell you about simple steps you can take to stay healthy and prevent the spread of the virus and disease.
- Describe what coronaviruses are and the health concerns associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Recall the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Summarize the ways that the SARS-CoV-2 virus is transmitted and the ways to prevent its spread
- Describe how to care for COVID-19 patients at home
- Outline COVID-19 workplace preparedness considerations